Saturday, January 12, 2013

January 12th- The Journey Begins

The journey begins. We left and 3am for the 1 1/2 hour drive to the airport. As I left Kaitlyn posted a note to us on the front door (see pic).  The van is loaded with luggage but it is the two carseats that make it real. We have not used carseats in over five years.
We know that this is a major change in our lives. But as someone who has experienced adoption twice; once with my family who rescued me from beimg an orphan, the second the family of God through Jesus Christ who rescued me from hell, we are compelled to adoption. in a country where you have a 1 in 2 chance to make it to your fifth birthday I know that God is allowing us to help at least these two children know love and care and forgiveness and grace and mercy. Words we sometimes do not fully grasp.
I will do my best to blog what I can. Please do not expect too much. I will do what we can.

1 comment:

Amy Adelseck said...

I am so excited for you guys! You are partaking on a life changing adventure. I can't wait to hear your story. God is good. The joy that I am feeling as you are giving a family to two children who have only seen it, but never experienced it. They are wonderful kids. I can't wait to see them in your arms.